The Easiest Strawberry Pie
I debated for a while about whether or not I could put this on the blog because it’s so simple, I can’t really call it baking. But in the end I caved. Enjoy!
· Strawberries (about a quart, I used around two packages)
· ¼ cup sugar (more or less depending on how sweet you like it)
· ½ cup water
· 3 tbsp cornstarch
· Pre-baked pie shell
1. Mash one quarter of the strawberries, and cut the other three quarters into slices, combine in a bowl. Add sugar, and put on the stove to boil.
2. Combine the water and the cornstarch in a separate bowl.
3. When the strawberries are boiling gently, add the cornstarch mixture and stir. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes (or until it has the consistency of honey).
4. Let cool for a couple minutes, and then pour into your pie shell. Carefully (really carefully! I know..) put your pie in the fridge to cool for a minimum of an hour.
The Cupcake Queen
Next on the list